06/19/19 Raleigh, NC – Preliminary competitions kicked off tonight at Raleigh’s Memorial Auditorium for the 2019 Miss North Carolina Competition.
The Miss North Carolina Organization implemented a state level Quality of Life program modeled after the opportunity presented at Miss America each year. The five semi-finalists were:
- Alexandra Badgett, Miss Jacksonville
- Elizabeth O’Brien, Miss Moore County
- Tiffany Rush, Miss Randolph County
- Julia Walsh, Miss Henderson
- Lauren Walsh, Miss Outer Banks.
Tomorrow afternoon, these five semi-finalists will be interviewed by a separate panel of judges. The Miss North Carolina Organization will make available to the three finalists scholarships totaling $1,000. The winner and two semifinalists will be announced Friday evening at the Cardinal Ball.
Additionally, the following scholarships were awarded:
- Elizabeth Stovall Music Scholarship: Lauren Walsh, Miss Outer Banks
- Ward Black Law Work Changer: Tiffany Rush, Miss Randolph County
- Jack Norris Military Veterans: Elizabeth O’Brien, Miss Moore County
- Janice Barbee Academic: Tiffany Rush, Miss Randolph County
- Julie Caudle Field Government Service: Elissa Tew, Miss Winston-Salem
- Kaylee Spruill Women In Business: Autum Hubbard, Miss Charlotte
The 2019 Danny Davis Local Volunteer of the Year award was presented to Tony Howard of the Miss Queen City/Metrolina Organization.
The Local Director of the Year was awarded to Jeff Jones and Jon Vance of the Miss Asheville-Blue Ridge Valley Organization.
Local Executive Director of the Year: Jeff Jones and Jon Vance of the Miss Asheville/Blue Ridge Valley Organization.
Preliminary On Stage Interview Award: Miss Asheville, Paige Henderson
Preliminary Talent Award: Miss Greenville, Jerenae Raeford
Preliminary competitions continue June 20 at 7:30pm and June 21 at 6:00pm. The Miss North Carolina Competition presented by Russo Dentistry & Visit High Point, NC will broadcast LIVE on ABC11 WTVD on June 22 at 8pm EST. More information: www.MissNC.org/MissNC2019.
About the Miss NC Organization
As an official state preliminary associated with the Miss America Organization, the Miss North Carolina Scholarship Organization is a part of the largest scholarship providing organization for women in the world. Promoting an emphasis on academics and communication skills, the Miss NC Organization is considered a launching pad for young women to further their academic and career goals. For more information about volunteering or competing, please visit www.missnc.org.
# # #
Marketing and Media Relations
Miss North Carolina Scholarship Pageant, Inc.
Owner, Melinda Jackson PR