Click below for our 2018 Scholarship Rules and Regulations
MISS NORTH CAROLINA PROGRAM 2018 SCHOLARSHIP RULES
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE MISS NORTH CAROLINA PAGEANT (MNCP) ARE PROVIDED BY THE NORTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND, INC. (NCESF)
MEMBERS OF THE CLASS OF 2018 MUST MAKE THEMSELVES AWARE OF THESE RULES
- Eligibility Period. Scholarships earned in the 2018 MNCP competition must be used within one year, referred to as the “Eligibility Period.” This period begins on July 1, 2018, and ends on June 30, 2019. Those who are unable to use all of their scholarship funds within the Eligibility Period may request an extension of up to one year. The request for extension must be made in writing, addressed to the NCESF Scholarship Chair, and postmarked no later than May 1, 2019. Unclaimed scholarship funds revert to the NCESF general fund.
- The Miss NC Exception. Because the MNCP requires Miss NC to withdraw from school or take a one year leave of absence from work following her selection, her Eligibility Period will begin on July 1, 2019 and end June 30, 2021. This period may be extended up to one additional year. The extension request must be in writing, addressed to the NCESF Scholarship Chair, and postmarked no later than May 1, 2021.
- Use of Scholarship Funds. Scholarship funds may be used for: (i) current tuition, books and educational fees incurred in a course of study at an accredited college, university, technical or trade school (referred to as a “school”); (ii) reimbursement up to $1000 for the purchase of a laptop computer required by her school; and (iii) repayment of educational debt.
- Payment of Tuition and Fees. Tuition and fee payments will be made directly to a school for the benefit of a scholarship recipient. The recipient must provide the NCESF Scholarship Chair an itemized statement of charges for the current term that includes the sum due, student identification number, and mailing address for the payment.
- Payment of Educational Debt. Scholarship funds may be used to pay student loan obligations provided that: (i) the loan is not in default; (ii) the student has satisfactorily completed the course work for which the loan was made; (iii) the loan is from a lending institution or school; and (iv) the request for payment includes a current loan statement with the balance due, the account number and mailing address for the payment.
- Reimbursement for Books and Laptop Computer. A scholarship recipient may request reimbursement for book expenses and up to $1000 for the purchase of a laptop computer. A request for book reimbursement must include an accounting together with purchase receipts. Reimbursement for a laptop purchase must also be in writing and include a purchase receipt and confirmation that the school requires the computer for the course of study.
- In-Kind Scholarships. The recipient of an in-kind scholarship from a school may accept the scholarship upon the terms and conditions prescribed by the respective school. Neither the MNCP, nor the NCESF, has any control over these scholarships other than to award them to the designated winner if she chooses to accept the same.
- Receipt of Funds Earned. A scholarship recipient will receive only the amount of scholarship funds she earned in the 2018 MNCP competition. Should a runner-up succeed to the title of Miss NC, or succeed to any place higher than where she originally finished in the 2018 competition, she may receive only the initial amount of scholarship earned.
10. Use of Local Pageant Scholarship Funds First. A member of the Miss NC Class of 2018 must use all local scholarship funds prior to applying for her MNCP scholarship funds. Once her local pageant scholarship money has been fully paid, her local pageant organization’s executive director must notify the NCESF Chair confirming that local pageant scholarship have been paid in full.
11. SUMMARY. The following information must be provided to the NCESF for payment of scholarship funds:
- Confirmation from the Local Pageant Executive Director that acontestant has used all of her local pageant scholarship money.
- Submission of a Tuition Statement: That confirms current enrollment; and an itemized statement of account showing the amount of tuition and fees for the current term with student ID number and mailing address for the payment.
- Reimbursement of Book and Computer Purchase (an accounting by reciept)
- Confirmation from the school that a laptop computer is required. For educational debt:
- Current account statement with account number, balance due and mailing address for the payment. 12. THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO LOCAL PAGEANT SCHOLARSHIPS. These rules do not apply to local scholarship funds