Want to compete for the title of Miss North Carolina? Or want to earn scholarships for college or to pay off student loans?
Register for the Miss America program and you could win a $1,000 scholarship!
Why enter? Because you can…
- Gain valuable experience and develop life skills (e.g. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.)
- Earn quality scholarship funds for college and graduate school, regardless of whether a title is won
- Find new interests and discover new opportunities
- Make lifelong friendships and relationships
- Learn to set goals, follow them through and exceed your expectations
- Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others
- Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset to achieve your goals
- Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community
By registering for the Miss North Carolina program, you gain access to exclusive members-only benefits including:
- Access to compete in local Miss/Teen Competitions
- Chance to win a $1,000 scholarship
- Access to our exclusive Professional Development Series with experts in areas such as:
- Social Media training
- Public speaking
- Media/Press training
- Advocacy & Fundraising
- Financial literacy
- Health & Wellness / Peak Performance training
- Resume building
- Career opportunities and networking events
- Exclusive Miss America merchandise and discounts
*Membership is valid for 1 competition season. Additional fees may apply for local, state & national competitions.
Miss Program Eligibility Requirements
To become a candidate, you must:
- Be between the ages of 19 and 26 during the calendar year which you compete at Miss North Carolina
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain city or state
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local, state and national competition(s) in which you compete
- She must be at least nineteen (19) years of age as of December 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes.
- To further clarify: The Candidate cannot be eighteen (18) years of age on December 31st in the year she could compete at the State Competition. If the candidate is eighteen (18) years of age on December 31st in the year she could compete at the State Competition, then she must compete in the MAOTeen program, unless she meets the below Exemption.
- Must not be older than twenty-six (26) years of age as of December 31st in the State Competition’s calendar year in which she could compete.
- To further clarify: The Candidate cannot turn twenty-seven (27) years of age at any time during the calendar year in which she would compete at the State Competition (Calendar defined as January 1st through December 31st).
- Exemption: For 2022 State and Local Agreements ONLY: Since age eligibility was revised after the start of the 2022 state & local competition season, Candidates who are eighteen (18) years of age on or after July 31, 2022 (the year of the State Competition) are eligible to compete in the Miss program, as long as the Candidate is also a high school graduate or equivalent by July 31, 2022. Please note, this exemption will notbe in effect for the 2023 State & Local Competition season.
- Age Eligibility Changes 2021
- Local Miss Candidate Agreement Revised 9.7.21
- Miss America Job Description
To learn for which local competitions you may qualify, please see below for the list of counties each local program allows residents to compete.
- Miss Asheville: Nov 6th Open to the following counties: Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cleveland, Gaston, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey counties
- Miss Blue Ridge Valley: Nov 6th Open to all 100 counties
- Miss Cabarrus County: Dec. 4th Open to the following counties: Cabarrus, Stanly, Rowan, Mecklenburg, Randolph, Gaston, Lincoln, Catawba, Davidson, Union
- Miss Central Carolina: Oct 2nd Open to all 100 counties
- Miss Charlotte Information coming soon!
- Miss Cleveland: Jan 15th Open to all 100 counties
- Miss Dunn Information coming soon!
- Miss Emerald Ridge: Sept. 25th Open to the following counties: Watauga, Avery, Mitchell, Yancey, McDowell, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Rutherford, Ashe, Allegheny, Wilkes
- Miss Fayetteville Information coming soon!
- Garner: Nov 6th Open to the following counties: Wake, Johnston, Durham, Orange, Lee, Harnett, Pitt, Nash, Wilson, Wayne
- Miss Gaston County & Miss Gastonia: Jan. 8th Open to the following counties: Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland, Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Rutherford, Burke
- Miss Goldsboro: Nov 6th Open to the following counties: Wayne, Duplin, Greene, Harnett, Johnston, Lenoir, Pitt, Sampson, Wake, Wilson
- Miss Johnston County: Jan. 15th Open to the following counties: Johnston, Harnett, Wake, Sampson, Pitt, Wayne, Cumberland, Durham, Orange, Wilson
- Miss Mecklenburg County Information coming soon!!
- Miss Metrolina: Nov 13th Open to all 100 Counties
- Miss Moore County: Jan 29th Open to the following counties: Chatham, Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond, Robeson, Scotland
- Miss Mount Holly: Jan. 8th Open to the following counties: Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland, Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Rutherford, Burke
- Miss Queen City: Nov. 13th Open to the following counties: Mecklenburg, Union, Gaston, Lincoln, Cabarrus
- Miss Randolph County: Oct 16th Open to the following counties: Alamance, Chatham, Davidson, Guilford, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph
- Miss Sampson County: Nov 20th Open to the following counties: Sampson, Cumberland, Harnett, Johnston, Wayne, Wake, Duplin, Pender, New Hanover, Bladen
- Miss Sandhills: Jan 29th Open to all 100 counties
- Miss Spiveys Corner: Feb 26th Open to all 100 counties
- Miss Statesville: Nov 20th Open to the following counties: Iredell, Catawba, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Rowan, Davie, Yasdkin, Wilkes, Alexander
- Miss Stanly County: Oct 2nd Open to the following counties: Anson, Randolph, Rowan, Montgomery, Union, Cabarrus, Davidson
- Miss Thomasville: Oct 2nd Open to the following counties: Davidson, Guilford Randolph, Forsyth, Alamance, Davie, Rowan, Cabarrus, Montgomery, Orange
- Miss Wilson: Oct 23rd Open to the following counties: Wilson, Nash, Edgecombe, Pitt Wayne, Johnson, Franklin, Greene, Wake, Lenoir
- Miss Zebulon: Oct 10th Open to the following counties: Wake, Johnston, Franklin, Nash, Vance, Granville, Durham, Orange, Lee, Harnett
Festival & Collegiate Titleholder Opportunity
The Miss North Carolina Organization allows young women who have been crowned a festival titleholder or a College or University titleholder as a result of a competition the opportunity to participate in the Miss North Carolina Competition. For more information, please contact Misti Baskett at email@example.com