As an official state preliminary associated with the Miss America Organization, The Miss North Carolina Scholarship Pageant is a part of the largest scholarship providing organization to women in the world.
- Today’s Miss North Carolina Organization is a federally recognized 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to empowering young women to achieve their personal, professional, and educational goals.
- The Miss North Carolina Organization provides young women an opportunity to further their personal and professional goals and instill a spirit of community services through a variety of unique statewide community based programs.
- The dedicated young women who compete for the coveted Miss America title donate more than 500,000 hours each year to make Miss America one of the largest community services organizations in the country.
- Previous Miss North Carolina titleholders have gone on to accomplish great things in all aspects of their lives from business to family to community, embodying everything the Miss America Organization represents.
- After Miss North Carolina is selected, she embarks on a year-long state-wide speaking tour.
- Each year, tens of thousands of Miss America volunteers give numerous hours of service to more than 12,000 community-service projects.